Multiple Panel





Medium: digital paintings, postcards
size: 8"x11"





Medium: digital paintings, postcards
size: 6"x9"




Medium: digital paintings, postcards
size: 10"x8"




Medium: digital paintings, postcards
Size: 17"x8"

Artist Statement:
As reflected in my work on drawing on objects, I like art that revolves around some form of narrative. I was inspired by paintings that were changed by other artists to create a new story, such as Duchamp’s L.H.O.O.Q. I chose postcards as the easiest thing to develop into a different drawing altogether. Choosing the medium was also a challenge. Digital art and painting is a medium I’ve never worked much in, but I still want to master. Working with this medium at times became frustrating, learning how to use the program was an added challenge on top of creating these pieces.  Each panel had careful consideration as to how the piece would be changed. Only two pieces were just drawn on top of the one featuring the seagulls and the beach. One piece was kept intact and then expanded, the Yellowstone piece. Another piece, the one featuring an alligator, was taken apart and changed the most dramatically. The ideas behind how each piece would be changed came from suggestions from peers. Some of them like the beach postcard and the Yellowstone postcard I resolved quickly. The most challenging piece was the one featuring an alligator, it is also, in my opinion, the most creative piece and my personal favorite.


Inspiration:

 Marcel Duchamp, L.H.O.O.Q.


David Irvine
https://www.boredpanda.com/re-directed-thrift-store-paintings/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic


Comments

Popular Posts