Drawing On Objects






































Materials: Chair, acrylic paint
Size: 3'x2'x2'

Artist statement: 

I’ve always liked the idea of using art as a narrative.  synthesizing the written word and interpreting it into a drawing of some form was something I’ve always wanted to try. This project was inspired by the Lune Lake assignment. I chose a podcast that I have been an avid listener to for years, Nightvale, and chose the stories I wanted to recreate on my object. My creative process was very similar to that of the Lune Lake assignment- I listened to the podcast and forced myself to continuously draw based on what I was hearing. Sometimes I drew images, other times I wrote down words or phrases. From there, I chose certain doodles that I wanted to recreate into fully rendered drawings. I created the design of the faceless old woman, the smiling god, I set the scene for the dog park and the Bluffs. There are many different ways to create these scenes, every artist will have a different interpretation as to what this would look like to them. Without a canon as to how these things should look, it gave me a lot of creative freedom to synthesize these stories.

Inspiration:
Nightvale Radio Podcast

http://www.welcometonightvale.com/

Edouard Manet
For his application of paint on a canvas and blending technique.

Manet,  A Bar at the Folies-Bergère (1882) 



Comments

Popular Posts